On top of that, the expanded production factory will enable Riso Scotti to further diversify its offer, adding rice-based cakes, snacks and crackers to its existing products, as well as the capacity to diversify packaging to meet worldwide customers' needs. According to Riso Scotti's spokesperson Valerio Capodaglio, "the new facilities and spaces were designed to achieve diversification both in receipts and packaging formats. It will also be possible to customize ingredients and volumes".
Riso Scotti was founded by Mr. Pietro Scotti in 1860, at the Marudo Mill, in the heart of the Po Valley, near Sant'angelo Lodigiano. Originally, the farm was a small one employing a few local workers and distributing rice in the nearby markets. In 1890, his son Hercules Scotti moved to neighboring Villanterio and establishing the first factory on a production site of 1,200 square meters. Angelo and Gaetano Scotti, two of the eight children of Mr. Hercules, transformed the production into an industrial one and created the brand "Fratelli Scotti" (Scotti Brothers), which throughout the years became popular in Italian households.