Italy has lots of hidden beauties that are hard to find, for tourists as well as for Italians. Among them, there are certainly most of the hilltop jewels introduced by the Huffington Post.
To help you not to miss any of them on your future trips to the Bel Paese, it may be useful to relaunch the breathtaking list here.
1. Urbino, birthplace of Raphael, the prodigious painter
2. San Gimignano, a medieval Manhattan
3. Assisi, birthplace of St. Francis
4. Orvieto, medieval gem built on a volcano tuff
5. Civita di Bagnoregio, the classic Italian hilltop dream
6. Cortona, the ancient jewel of Tuscany
7. Montepulciano, world-famous wine capital of Tuscany
8. Sorano, perched atop a tuff rock
9. Spello, where stone houses are covered with flowers
10. Taormina, Sicily's awe-Inspiring crown jewel